Customer-Centric Leaders Create the Environment for an Unforgettable Customer Experience
About the Program
A large APAC organisation launched a multi-million dollar Personalised Marketing Transformation Initiative in order to reduce churn, grow market share and transform the customer experience via insight-led next best action decisioning. This required fundamental changes in the leadership, organisational design and core architecture to ensure that all customer facing teams engaged in contextual, dynamic and personalised dialogue with the customers.
Prioritising Customer-Centric Leadership Led To Business Growth
Leadership Lacked Insights From End-to-End Customer Experience
Misaligned offers across channels were impacting customer loyalty and potential sales volumes. In the absence of a holistic view of its customer, the organisation was in constant sales mode and unaware of various customer interactions that were leading to negative experiences.
Solutions and Support Provided
Priortised the Identification and Creation of the "Delighted" Customer
- Behavioural change in leadership ensured the focus was not on sales and hitting numbers, shifting the priority to understanding customer interactions, needs and behaviours.
- A complete mindset change was required from standard upselling and cross-selling to defining personalised customer journey maps.
Structured a Customer-Centric Interface, Using Data to Test, Learn and Innovate
- Drove consultation and alignment of objectives across different business units including the sharing of benefits to align with overall customer first digital strategy.
- Set up a cross functional business practice to identify the key challenges in customer experiences with a focus on reducing internal pressures to prioritise the marketing campaigns that would ultimately lead to the greatest satisfaction.
A New Omnichannel Enterprise-wide Architecture Helped the Organisation to Realise over $200M in Incremental Sales
- Having identified the root cause of these issues, I helped the leadership team orchestrate the delivery of a new omnichannel enterprise-wide architecture that addressed marketing and customer experience inconsistencies.
- With the core brand promise at the forefront, the client was able to unite the various customer lifecycle departments and align sponsors to organisational strategy, key objectives, and metrics, including ownership of business case benefits.
- With always offering the next best action across all the customer-facing channels, leadership was able to reduce the Average Handling Time (AHT) of contact centre inquiries and resolve operational inefficiencies, as well as increase revenue.